Professionals can access general and specialist courses to help build staff skills, knowledge, values and confidence when working with adults with care and support needs.
Training is essential if professionals and volunteers are able to spot the signs of abuse and know how to act in order to safeguard adults in Derbyshire.
Safeguarding Adults: Making enquiries under section 42 of the Care Act (2014) (joint course developed by Derbyshire and Derby City SABs)
This is a half day course, for colleagues across all agencies, including the independent sector, who are, or may be, directly involved in safeguarding adults enquiries.
Before you book on this course, it is essential that you have already attended basic level safeguarding adults training, or have practical working understanding of safeguarding adults criteria and practice.
Please do not book onto this training if you do not already have this knowledge.
Key learning outcomes for this course are:
- demonstrating how the adult is at the heart of everything we do, while carrying out a section 42 enquiry by understanding 'making safeguarding personal' (MSP)
- describing the process for recording information in an adult safeguarding enquiry
- clarifying the role and responsibilities of safeguarding adults partners in making section 42 enquiries, and the possible consequences
All staff will need to follow their internal agency guidelines when requesting to attend the scheduled study courses.
All training is provided free of charge and to book a place access the Derby City course booking system.
Safer Derbyshire Courses
Safer Derbyshire is a multi-agency partnership based at County Hall, Matlock. It develops, delivers and arranges a wide range of free community safety training for partner agencies in Derbyshire.
It provides training and awareness courses on a variety of subjects including:
- community safety − introduction
- counter terrorism
- hate crime awareness
- multi agency risk assessment conferences (MARAC)
- multi agency public protection arrangements (MAPPA)
- child sexual exploitation training
- domestic abuse training
Book a course with Safer Derbyshire.
Derbyshire County Council adult care courses
The Derbyshire County Council learning and development handbook contains information regarding the National Competency Framework for safeguarding adults. It provides information regarding the current safeguarding adults courses available and a guide to which courses are relevant to each organisations/staffing group.
The safeguarding adults learning and development handbook is attached to this page.
To find out more about available courses you can download the adult care training programme and apply for adult care courses.